Course Selection Presentations
Student Services will visit individual classrooms the week of March 25-29, 2019 to discuss course selection with students. Students will receive the course selection guide at this time. Students are advised to read this document carefully so as to be able to make informed choices for their academic future. It is critical that all selections made by students accurately reflect graduation requirements, personal interests and needs.Knowledgeable and responsible choices by students will help to assure that your school year will be successful.
Click here for a PDF copy of the HERH Course Selection Guide (Grades 10-12) for 2019-2020
Click here to view the slide show presentation for current grade 9 students.
Click here to view the slide show presentation for current grade 10 & 11 students.
Course Selection Workshops
Students will complete course selections electronically through the Student/Parent Portal of PowerSchool. Students will log on to PowerSchool with their PowerSchool username and password. If you do not know your username/password, please go to the school office to have your password reset.
We have scheduled course selection workshops for the week of April 1-5, 2019 to walk students through the process of entering their course requests online. Students will be able to review these requests at home (or anywhere with Internet access) and make changes up until course selection closes on Friday, April 12, 2019.
Coming Soon - a PDF copy of the slide show presentation that shows you how to request courses in PowerSchool.
It is very important that students carefully consider their course selections as course selections made in the spring for the next academic year are generally considered final. Course changes will not be made unless:
- The scheduling process has resulted in an incomplete schedule.
- A course and its prerequisite are in reverse order on a student's schedule.
- A course is scheduled for which a credit has already been granted.
- A student did not pass a required course and must retake it.
- Student request was not granted due to a conflict with other courses.
- A potential graduate lacks a required course to complete graduation requirements.
- A student is scheduled in a course without the recommended prerequisite course.
- A potential graduate is able to complete graduation requirements in a single semester.
- Student's post-secondary plans have changed.
Course changes in September will not start until the third day of classes. Please ensure you select your courses carefully to limit the need for course changes.